Stanlake Park King’s Fumé
A lightly oaked dry white wine, rich in body and complexity, with elegant and persistent aromas of vanilla, cream and peach. Unfined and unfiltered, the wine is made using low intervention techniques to retain its true nature.
The beginnings of the estate were around 1166 when the land was held by Patrick Earl of Salisbury. The estate was then named Hinton Pipard and the site of the original manor house was on the edge of the northern most perimeter, at Botany Bay Copse. During the 15th century, the house and estate passed to the Thorpe family of Thorpe in Surrey. Elisabeth Thorpe, a daughter of the family, inherited the estate and married a Nicholas Stanlake and from that time Hinton Pipard became known as Stanlake Park. During the second half of the 20th century Stanlake Park was owned by the Leighton family, of which Jon Leighton had the vision to plant a vineyard in 1979, when a small test area of 500 vines was planted. The original vineyard was known as Thames Valley Vineyard, but was later renamed after the Stanlake Park estate itself. Winemaking takes place within a 17th Century Reformation barn which houses the largest winery in Berkshire, capable of handling over 200 tonnes of fruit in any one season. Their disgorging line was one of the first being used in England. The fastidious attention to detail in the vineyard continues in the winery, where the entire process is carefully monitored and controlled by Nico Centonze, the expert winemaker.
Out of stock
Out of stock
Buy a case of 6 and save 5%